POSITION: HEALTH EDITOR (HealthLEADS)
Job Description and Summary:
DataLEADS is seeking a dynamic health editor for its flagship initiative, HealthLEADS. The role demands a professional who can lead a diverse and growing team, powered by a high level of engagement and enthusiasm. Alongwith demonstrated leadership qualities, the candidate must possess a hands-on approach to work and the ability to contribute meaningfully to varied projects within the organisation. This position offers the opportunity to demonstrate your leadership skills and lead an ever-evolving team to create positive impact through work.
- To ensure a high level of engaging, accurate and thought-provoking journalism on health and medical issues.
- To identify strong, newsworthy editorial ideas and creative story treatments.
- To build strong relationships with different teams and partners to drive better journalism on health.
- To plan the editorial calendar, in anticipation of future developments and trends.
- To cover impactful stories and deliver original journalism.
- To manage a growing team, oversee current projects, build partnerships, and help shape the vision of the organisation.
Experience and Qualification:
- Post Graduate degree/professional degrees in journalism, communication, health sciences or a related field is desired.
- Work experience of over 5 to 10 years and familiarity with health and clinical practice and basic medical statistics.
- Ability to read and analyse medical journal articles and synthesise the key points.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to represent Health Analytics Asia across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience of managing a team across multiple services to include professional development and mentorship.
- Ability to stay well-organised and prioritise among multiple stories and projects.
- Ability to lead and inspire others, with strong problem-solving and quantitative abilities.
If you believe you can bring something special to this role, we want to hear from you. You may have a non-traditional career path, education or background. Please send us a concise cover letter outlining your suitability for the position and as well as your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organization:
HealthLEADS is an award-winning and globally recognised health journalism platform committed to bringing you the latest in health across Asia. Our mission is to forge strong collaborations between journalists, data analysts, health professionals and technologists to serve a community of readers with a shared vision of strengthening the health information ecosystem. HealthLEADS has won the Membership Puzzle Project, a collaboration between New York University, and our work has also been awarded with the prestigious British Medical Journal Award— the Oscar-equivalent in medicine.https://h-leads.com